$90 + shipping ($25 to US and EU)
- 4/26/2020 Covid-19 Notices:
- Mods are shipping as usual
- Shipping costs have risen to the US and EU and are fluctuating around $30.
- Decorative battery sleeves will NOT be included due to a shortage.
- Carbon fiber sleeves WILL be included.
- Shipping is running a few days slower than usual
Thank you for your interest in the Avalanche 2X700. I am an American modder based in Shanghai, China. I personally design and hand- assemble this mod. This mech mod is designed to be as small and light as possible. The simple design is intended to appeal to those who enjoy mature design, understated looks, and reasonable cost. Using a 21700 or 20700 battery, you should enjoy hours of uninterrupted vape time before switching batteries. This mod is intended to be an everyday carry, and will happily serve as your workhorse while you leave your several- several-hundred-dollar mod at home.
Founder and Designer
- SLS, 3D printed nylon- one of the most durable methods and materials in 3D printing and comes off of a $300k industrial printing system.
- Twist-to-lock button, can be locked from outside without removing doors, etc.
- 8ml, black silicon bottlewith PEI cap
- Laser-cut, T3 copper contacts
- Spring-loaded 510 connector
- Included20700 carbon-fiber adapter and 21700 decorative sleeves
- 3 Different battery configs:
- 20700 w/ real carbon-fiber adapter (exposed 20700 not possible)
- 21700 exposed (carbon adapter cannot be used with 21700)
- 21700 with included or DIY decorative sleeve (DIY youtube video available)
- Dyed Colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, black (black is the most durable coloring option)
- Painted modsare sealed with hard clear coat for shine and durability. Mods are not sanded in order to preserve some of the tactile feel of the nylon print.
This mod has a Nylon, Selective Laser Sintered (SLS) 3D- printed body. The SLS process produces a very nice, clean mod that is light, yet durable. While 3D- printing is highly accurate, there is still some variation between each mod. No two mods are the exact same.
The mod will also break-in over time, especially the battery bay.
The Avalanche 2X700 has an easy to use locking feature. The mod can be locked by twisting the button one-quarter turn counter-clockwise. Because the lock is accessible from the outside of the mod, access is easy and quick to use. No need to open the mod to lock it.
The battery bay is designed to clip and hold the battery firmly in place. The battery should be inserted positive side-down. In the event of battery failure, the battery will vent away from the user’s face. The 21700 and 20700 batteries provide huge benefits when compared to the more-common 18650: 21700-battery-life is significantly better for single-battery mod configurations. It is possible for the user to get 6-8 hours of moderate use out of one charge before voltage drops below optimal levels.
The mod has a V6 510 connection produced by Stimy Vapor in Shenzhen, China. The 510 is press-fitted into the outer face of the mod. This connector was chosen for its relatively small size and spring-loaded squonk pin. The spring is housed in a PEEK insulator sleeve, which prevents current from traveling through the spring. This improves the usable life of the spring. An o-ring is placed around the collar of the squonk pin in order to reduce leaking.
The 510 seat of the mod body is 2mm deep. The spring-loaded 510’s top plate is 1mm deep, and there is a 1mm nylon sizing washer under the 510. If you would like to upgrade the 510, you have the option of choosing a 510 with a 1mm or 2mm top plate.
Carbon Adapter and Sleeves
Important: Carbon-fiber adapter and sleeves are included with your purchase of an Avalanche 2X700.
1. 20700 Carbon Fiber Adapter- This is a 1mm-thick-walled, real carbon fiber sleeve. A 20700 battery quickly slides in and out for swapping. a 20700 battery is 1mm thinner than a 21700. The adapter occupies this difference in space; therefore, the adapter is required with the 20700. It should NOT be used with a 21700.
2. 21700 Decorative sleeve- This is a very thin plastic sleeve, similar in thickness to a piece of paper. It easily slides on and off of your battery. It DOES NOT replace the battery’s shrink wrap. A couple will be included with your mod. These are consumable and offered as a freebie to the end user. The sleeves look cool and let you change the look as easily as swapping a battery.
3. 21700 DIY Decorative Sleeve- There is a simple method for end users to make their own sleeves. All you need is a printer, paper, scissors, and clear packaging tape to make one. If you have everything in one place, it takes about 5 min to make one from start to finish. This is a great opportunity to switch things up if you like to do your own customization.
4. 21700 Exposed- This is the bare-bones, default configuration. This is a 21700 battery with the original battery wrap exposed. If you have some interesting battery wraps or like the color of the stock wrap, you can show that off in this configuration.
The contact plates are made of laser-cut, T3 copper. Each contact is modified by hand to fit inside of your mod. The contacts are held in place by a contact gate located on the button side of the mod. The contact gate is removable for easy cleaning.
The copper is .5mm in thickness. These contacts reduce the size and weight of the mod, while providing favorable conductivity. The contact is shaped to allow the fire button to teeter on the contact. This allows the button to move back and forth easily. The button can move horizontally without vertical or angular motion, which prevents sticking and improves button feel.
The 8-ml, half-round, squonk bottle is made of soft silicon and has a PEI, screw-in cap. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the PEI cap is not electrically conductive and reduces the chance of short circuiting. The bottle requires minimal pressure to squonk.
The square section of the bottle creates a filled-in look in the squonk hole, and the rounded section makes way for the user to easily push the battery out using the squonk hole.
Ordering your Avalanche 2X700
By clicking on the "Place Order" link, you will be taken to a website where you will fill out a form with shipping information and basic requirements. You will then be redirected to Square Payment Systems for secure credit card payment of $115. If you have not spoken with the modder, he will contact you via email within 24 hours to confirm the details of your order.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be charged $25 dollars for shipping upon checkout. However, shipping rates may vary depending on location. Additionally, any import taxes or fees assessed by customs are the responsibility of the customer. If you have any concerns about this, please discuss it with the modder.
Shipping is done using SF Express. This a high-quality Chinese shipping company. Shipping the USA or EU usually takes 10-14 days.
Dying is done similarly to dying clothing. It provides a durable, matte finish. Distressed options are available. Available colors are red, blue, orange, and black
White is the natural color of the nylon print. I recommend clear-coating white mods. If not clear coated, white is easily stained and difficult to keep clean. Clear-coating is done by Snow Cap Mods.
Painting with Clear Coat
Your mod can be painted and clear-coated for a nice glossy finish. Painting offers for more coloring options, and gives the mod a smoother feel. The mod is not sanded. In doing so, painted mods retain some of the tactile feel of 3D-printed nylon.
Tips and Tricks Video
Note: These colors DO NOT represent dying options. The Chinese characters are the names of each color. There is no need to translate these names. Please refer to the item number listed on each color.
Staying In Contact
The best way to stay up-to-date on production and product development is to like Snow Cap Mods on our company Facebook or Instagram page. If you would like to talk with me personally, the best way is via email
FB messenger: Facebook.com/dan.lazcano
DIY Sleeve Tutorial
Make your own 21700 Battery Sleeves!